Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dinner Idea: Japanese Style Fried Bihun


This evening, I wanted to cook Japanese Fried Bihun. I had limited time so I wanted to do it fast. First I took out all ingredients I can put in, from the fridge. So I prepared carrot, anchovies, tomato and bitter gourd. I put in canned Tuna fish too.

Raw Ingredient

Tuna Fish

Since it was Japanese style, I put in Japanese Bok Choi. It is also called Tiny Pak Choi or Chinese Cabbage. I like the smaller version as it has more leaf and more crunchy, and I think it tastes sweeter.

Fresh Tiny Chinese Cabbage

This is the most important seasoning I put in: The Japanese Teriyaki Sauce.
Teriyaki Sauce

Besides Japanese Teriyaki sauce, I put in little of soya sauce.
Here is the Japanese style Fried Bihun, my version of fried bihun.
The saltiness was just nice, and the bihun was very Q. I put in more ingredients than the bihun itself, so it was more to Fried Vegetables with Bihun, rather than Fried Bihun with vegetables!
I decided to cook a separate dish of tomato egg, with stir-fry of fresh onion, as the side dish.



Side Dish

Here is the list of Ingredients and Seasoning for Japanese style Fried Bihun:

Ingredients:
1. Any types of vegetables as you like
2. Anchovies
3. Canned Tuna Slice
4. Chopped Garlic
5. Cooking oil

Seasoning:
1. Japanese Teriyaki Sauce
2. Soya Sauce

My dinner










3. Fish Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...