Thursday, November 4, 2010

Investing Experience (Part 1)

1. I just started investing since early May 2010. I have to admit, if it weren't for that first step that I took, I would still be keeping all my hard-earned in the bank with interest rates barely keeping up with the inflation.
2. Despite being a middle-income employee, I am money-conscious enough to understand the effect inflation on my money. The longer the time, the less value my money is worth!
3. By taking the first step to investing by starting out with one of the most simple investment tools of all time, unit trust, I have at least given myself a fighting chance to beat the inflation, which currently stands at 4-8% per annum (p.a.)
4. Some may think that 4-8% is nothing when you are earning RM5000 and above every month, but if your savings are a mere RM200 per month, you should really start to think how to make your money grow instead of just lying idle in the bank. Teach a monkey how to save money, and chances are, he will do just as well as we humans!
5. Are there risks when you invest your money? Yes, there are! In fact, the risk is so great to some people, that it impales them and leaves them taking the easy way out - the NFA way.. No Further Action! And they are left "better off" putting their money in the bank, and losing out to inflation.
6. There are risks in life that we should take, like learning how to ride a bicycle, and falling in love (there is always the risk of heart-break!). There are also risks that one cannot bear to take, like drinking while driving, carrying bombs, and gambling. But investing? Is it a risk worth taking, or one you are better off without? Well, the answer very much depends on how you view your life - You Working FOR MONEY, or Money Working FOR YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...