Saturday, December 31, 2011

Kelantan Trip: Best Home Cook Food

Holiday at home for me, home-cooked food is the nicest thing. My mum has the best recipe for all of us, and she learnt from time to time to improve all the menu. It looks simple, and it's simple for her to prepare all the food, but the food is just served the best! I guess that is the essence of home-cooked food: Simply the Best!

"Budu" is the famous Kelantan fish sauce, to be eaten with "Ulam-ulaman" or raw vegetables. Some take "Budu" without adding any ingredients. But mum's recipe: To add "Budu" with onion, chilli, lime juice, little bit of sugar, and the best part of it: Chopped of small super sour mango!


My mum's Recipe: Budu

It's nice to be eaten with "Ulam" (raw vegetables), or the famous Petai.

My mum's Recipe: Petai with Ulam

Next, mum knows that i love seafood very much! To stir fry clam, it's quite simple, just add: Lemongrass, garlic, lime juice, sugar, Thai fish sauce..la la la..done!

My mum's Recipe: Clam (la-la)

Sweetest Fried Prawn! I guess simply because mum had chosen the best fresh prawn from wet market!

My mum's Recipe: Golden Prawn

Mum's Yam rice: Yam, Mushroom, Dried Shrimp, Dried Scallop..

My mum's Recipe: Yam Rice

This is nicest belut i ever have. Mum knows that i love it, that why she cooked such a big bowl! It's called "Pak-Pik" in Thailand, but i guess my mum add in little bit of "Chinese flavour".

My mum's Recipe: Pak- Pik Belut


Yellow Wine Chicken: Kampung chicken with black fungus, ginger, goji berry (wolfberry).

My mum's Recipe: Yellow Wine Chicken


Petai may seem smelly to some of you. But i guess the nutrition level is high. It's plucked wild from the jungle, and you can hardly find nice sweet Petai. My aunt can cook very well too. This Seafood Petai prepared with: prawn, squid, big green chilli, onion, and "Asam-sauce".

My mum's Recipe: Seafood Petai


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...