Monday, February 27, 2012

Lovely DIY Valentine's Dinner

Valentine= lover's day. Lover's day= love. Love= passion. So, passion= passion fruits?
Yeah, that is how i got the idea on my Valentine's Dinner menu.

Old couples might say: "Everyday is our Valentine's day. We can celebrate everyday at anytime."
But i still hope to prepare something special on this special day.

Seriously this is the first time i cook salmon, especially grilled salmon. But no fear as i did some homework before buying ingredients, on what ingredients mix with fish the best, how to grill, ingredients to season fish, and how to garnish my cooking.

Here is my menu:


Main dish: Grilled Salmon with Herbs (Thyme)
Side dishes: Sauteed Oyster with Passion Juice, Crab Meat, Mashed potato and Brocolli
Dessert: Sweet Lover

Lovely Valentine's Dinner: My Grilled Salmon



I called it a Romantic Pendaflour-light Dinner as we were having it DIY at home.
Why isn't it a Candle-light dinner? I think it's better option after taking into consideration the safety issue- the main course is salmon fish which has fish bone.. =p
Why is it Romantic? Who says romantic dinner is only meant for 2 person? On that night, we had a special guest- my sister. Wine was prepared too. This is also a special Valentine's day for me as i prepared for 3 pax instead of 2. Luckily my cooking standard was not dropped because of the stress level (to prepare for our fussy guest =p).

Lovely Valentine's Dinner: Special 3-pax Meal


For me, i didn't expect how well can the herb: Thyme completed my grilled salmon.
However, the real satisfaction comes from Agreement: When you hear "ya"..and Compliment such as "Wow", "good", "Umm.." and Action when you see all the food went into their stomach fast!

My serving task got completed to serve sweet dessert after meal.
It's Tiramishu Ice Cream with Passion topping.
Hope my valentine enjoy the meal, so as my special guest!

Lovely Valentine's Dinner: Sweet Lovers

To everyone who reads this, Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...